Sunday 14 February 2010

VU: 1967

For my FNP brief I am creating a series of concert posters for bands I will never get the chance to see (or in some cases a certain era of their career) and setting them in 2010 so I can attend. I'm doing posters for Manic Street Preachers, David Bowie, Madonna, Ramones and The Velvet Underground. Yesterday, I spent the afternoon working on an idea I had for VU which was based around the lyric 'different colours made of tears' from 'Venus In Furs'. I used Edie Sedgwick's eye and coloured card for the tears. I've got some other ideas too, involving money and I'll post those when I'm done. In the meantime, here's my first idea.






5 comments:

Deanne Owen said...

these are lovely lowrider, i like the last one the best.

Anonymous said...

these are amazing!

Warwickstudent said...

How brilliant! I prefer the first one :) I really admire your creativity, Lowri!

Unknown said...

this is well nice x xx

Daria Hlazatova said...

great!! i love the first one, but actually all are great. they'll make a lovely wallpaper ;)